I was so disappointed to have to cancel our Hilton Head vacation. My fiance’s mom’s side annually reunites every fall. This was the first year that I managed to talk him into taking the time off to unplug and unwind. Unfortunately Hurricane Matthew had other plans.
Last week my fiancé and I were both out of town for our respective jobs. Since we both would have had less than a 24 layover at home between the work return flights and vacation departure flights, we packed for Hilton Head well in advance. While I try to stay restrained when it comes to packing for vacation (I have been known to keep it to a backpack), the fiance has preferred status with our preferred airline, granting him a free checked bag. Trust me when I say that this does not excite him to the same extent that it excites me. I convinced him that checking a shared large suitcase with each of us carrying a backpack with one day/night of clothes and toiletries would be ideal.
These are my favorite items from the Hilton Head suitcase:
- Calypso Henrika Caftan: I wore this multiple times over the July Fourth weekend and many times since then. While it is beautiful in photos, it is gorgeous in person. It has delicate pink beading along the neckline and the wrists. It is just sheer enough to show your swimsuit underneath. Although I am 6’2″, I can get away with the length of a medium. I purchased the caftan at the beginning of the summer and it is still available and on deep discount now.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF: Sunscreen is a necessity even on the cloudiest of days. My dermatologist recommended that I switch from standard foundation to the La Roche Posay Tinted Moisturizer and SPF years ago and I have never looked back. The last time I was in CVS picking up the Tinted Moisturizer, I picked up a tube of the Anthelios SPF 60 as well. It is perfection.
- 7 for All Mankind White Denim Rolled Hem Shorts: This summer I have become obsessed with 7 for All Mankind denim shorts. The first pair I purchased were cutoffs and the length was the major selling point. (I think the inseam is longer than cited on the product information.) As a tall woman, the sad truth is that shorts can border on inappropriate, but the cutoffs and the white rolled hem shorts were the perfect inseam. These shorts run true to size.
- Calypso Prudence Kimono: I coveted this kimono since earlier this summer when I almost purchased it along with the Calypso Henrika Caftan. I wish I had ordered it earlier as I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived two weeks ago. It is even more fantastic in person. The kimono is light silk, and so delicate and so detailed. While it is marked down with an additional percentage reduction, you can tell it is an expensive piece. This item runs large; I wear a small.
- Lilly Pulitzer Elsa Blouse: The Elsa Blouse is a Lilly Pulitzer mainstay. When I saw the pink chevron in the window of a Georgetown boutique back in the spring of 2014, I became a woman obsessed. It has been in regular rotation ever since. The Elsa Blouse runs large; the length of the small is ideal.
I think it is time to start planning our next warm-weather resort trip.
cuff short // released hem short // distressed denim short // silk kimono // printed caftan // whipstitch sandal // tank // sunscreen // split tie tunic // floral shell // tunic top // folio case // folio case // swim bottom // swim top // sunglasses // beach tote // tote // gold sandals