“Summer is upon us and that can only mean one thing: backyard grilling and get togethers with family and friends on warm, hazy nights. You will never have to show up empty handed again once you master this quick, simple, and healthy recipe. Do not hesitate to chop up the veggies in larger chunks; rustic and homey dishes to share are a summer menu staple.
This will serve four as a side dish.” – Joe
1 medium Zucchini – halved and sliced
1 medium Yellow Squash – halved and sliced
- 1 medium Red Pepper – halved and sliced
- 1 medium Green Pepper – halved and sliced
- 1 medium Red Onion – halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chives
- 2 tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Place all of the sliced vegetables in a bowl and toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Light up the grill! Once hot, grill on both sides of the vegetables, for about two minutes per side or until grill marks appear. (Note: Do not overcrowd the grill. Cook in batches, as necessary.)
- Toss the cooked vegetables in the remaining marinade bowl and add the chives.
- Plate and enjoy.