“Fast, fresh, and healthy. That’s the name of the game, right? This bright dish has it all. Light enough to pair with any seared fish or chicken, yet hearty enough to stand up against any red meat. This dish is a great alternative to blanching or steaming the broccolini, which are still viable cooking methods; however the roasting will add a beautiful char to the florets and will impart a grilled-like flavor to the already delicious vegetable. Adding the zest and juice of a lemon and shaved pecorino send this side over the top.
Serves two as a side.
A good ‘Y’ shape peeler is indispensable in our professional and personal kitchen. With a mere flick of the wrist, the outer peel of a potato or carrot is gone. Another wonderful thing about these: they are cheap. When we buy them, we usually buy two or three at a time.” – Joe
- 2 bunches Broccolini – trimmed two to three inches from the crown
- 1 each Lemon – zested and juiced
- 3 cloves Garlic – crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoon Organic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Pecorino – shaved down with a veggie peeler
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all of the ingredients, with the exception of the pecorino, in a bowl and toss to coat with the olive oil.
- Evenly space out the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place in the oven for twenty to twenty-five minutes or until the florets are golden brown.
- Place the broccolini on a serving dish and sprinkle the shaved pecorino over the top and serve.