“So often on this segment, Andi and I get so focused on dinner that the other meals get completely overlooked. We hope to change your and our outlook on lunch with this recipe. A rotisserie chicken is quick, convenient, and full of culinary possibilities. With a few other simple ingredients, you can transform a simple rotisserie chicken into a week’s worth of delicious chicken salad sandwiches. Add some arugula or spinach on whole wheat and you’ve got something you can actually savor on your lunch break. The Dijon adds a little something extra to the flavor profile. Fair warning: it’s best to shred the chicken by hand and consequently, you will get messy; a pair of disposable latex gloves prove invaluable! ” – Joe
- 1 rotisserie chicken – skin removed, bones set aside, meat torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole shallot – finely diced
- 2 stalks celery – small diced
- 3 Tablespoons chives – finely chopped
- 0.25 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper – fresh ground
- Remove the skin from the rotisserie chicken.
- Shred chicken by hand and set aside bones.
- Place the meat and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste.