The semi annual #resort365 event is upon us. By that I mean the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale is going live this Monday, September 9th at 8 am EST. To say I am more discerning than I have been in the past could be an understatement, as I have a tightly edited list of items for which I will be searching. Nevertheless, having a strategy for taking the Lilly Pulitzer APS is everything. This is my strategy:
before the sale…
- Prior to the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale, take the time to register on the website. Should you already have log in information for the Lilly Pulitzer site, now is the time to check your registration and sign in on all of your electronic devices: laptop, family computer, smart phone, tablet. Whether you register or just confirm your log in information, make note of it.
- Though Lilly Pulitzer has an app, during the most recent After Party Sales, the iOS app was turned off. This does not mean that you cannot use your small electronic devices. Take time to familiarize yourself with the Lilly Pulitzer mobile site layouts now to know what you are working with later.
- Once you are signed in, make sure that both your payment method (ahem, expiration date!) and address is up to date.
- Know your size ahead of time because all APS purchases are final. Either reference items already in your closet or if possible, try on your target styles in store.
- Make a shopping list of your target items and sizes.
- Clear your calendar for the morning of the After Party Sale.
the morning of the After Party Sale…
- Set your alarm clock for a 7 am eastern standard time and brew yourself some coffee.
- Upon the 8 am hour, log onto the Lilly Pulitzer website on all electronic devices. This will put you in a virtual line.
- Do not refresh the site on any of the devices; this will put you at the end of the line.
- Sort by size and category in order to filter out anything that is not on your shopping list.
- Having an item in your virtual shopping bag does not reserve it. Check out often because items may be unceremoniously ripped from your bag.
- After check out, jump back in line on the electronic device.
- Monitor your other devices for access to the APS.
the morning after…
- The sale typically lasts 48 hours and it is one hundred percent worth checking the online store assortment the day after because items are added.
- While you are in the virtual line, be patient. Refreshing the page will not get you into the sale sooner.
- The APS is not a life or death situation. It is not worth stressing over marked down resort prints, and if this is the biggest problem in your life, what a charmed life you lead. Can I be you?