“In our opinion, there are only a few things in the culinary world better than homemade chicken stock. While there is nothing wrong with store bought in a pinch, you cannot go wrong with a pot is slowly simmering, filling your house with the warm aroma of roasted chicken, bringing you back to a simpler time.
Frozen, this stock will last for up to six months.” – Joe
- Bones from 1 chicken – lightly roasted
- 2 each onions – rough chopped
- 2 each celery stalk – rough chopped
- 2 each carrot – peeled and rough chopped
- 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 0.5 cups red wine
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy bottomed pot and cover with water.
- Heat the pot over medium low heat and allow to slowly come up to a simmer.
- Summer for four-to-six hours, adding a enough water to keep the bones submerged as it evaporates.
- Strain through a fine sieve and chill for any recipe.