Lately, I have been wearing a ton of oversized sweatshirts and leggings. Chalk it up to working out nearly every day, leading a SAHM / WFH lifestyle, and recovering from two colds. (Yes, I have been sick twice in a month with the stateside reintroduction.) As such, I stocked up on more comfort clothing.
In addition to these leggings, this is what I ordered and bought IRL:
I had to return the rings I ordered from the J.Crew x Nails by Mei collaboration. They ran uber small and I could not slide the size sevens on any other finger other than my pinkies. Though they were cute, I was not moved to re-order them in a larger size. Better to just save up for a higher quality set of jewelry.
These jeans also run small and as they are made from a rigid denim, they are a bit of a squeeze now. However in the past five weeks, my daily steps have been trending upward despite being under the weather and experiencing winter weather. Consequently, I am going to hold onto them. With a 37 inch inseam, I could not pass up this pair.
My remaining parcels that I sent to our east coast address were dropped off last weekend. Most of it was for the Pamper Pirate; I really spoiled him with Ralph Lauren Polo, J.Crew, and Vineyard Vines. He did not shed his VV sherpa vest from the moment I unpacked it and handed it over to him.
- I had huge hopes for the Banana Republic black silk sheer shirt. It was merely okay. The fabric did not feel as rich as expected from silk and the fit in the sleeves felt shorter than what a tall should be. It was wrinkled, but it has been folded up for three or so months so….
- The Banana Republic ostrich feather skirt is fantastic. It runs small in the waist. I ordered a size twelve regular but could have gone for a size fourteen or a twelve tall. The Pamper Pirate was entranced with the luxe feathers, though several feathers began to molt. Expected.
- I won’t be breaking it out until next holiday due to the rich, rich festive red colo, but Banana Republic blazer has me hyped for next holiday. Not that I am about to wish the rest of the year away. The blazer is wool with beautiful brass buttons embossed with BR. Just another example of how the big sister of the Gap Inc. brands are killing it.
- My favorite Banana Republic order is a silk ecru tuxedo shirt. I love the pleated detail. The fit of the shirt is much better than that of the black silk sheer shirt. It looks impressively more expensive than what I paid for it.
- The Bea Bongiasca You’re So Vine ring in dark green touched down in my jewelry box from FRWD. It is the perfect match for the asymmetrical color You’re So Vine earrings that I ordered also on sale last autumn.
- The two brightly hued tissue knit turtlenecks arrived. They are just like my gray one, but in bright orange and punchy pink. I have big plans to match the latter with my cropped demi bootcut lavender pants.
- The waterdrop x Emilia Wickstead bottles are here! I ordered all three and was able to apply the 15 percent off new customer promo to the order. They are perfect for staying hydrated and keeping cold liquids cold. In a city like Philadelphia where seemingly everyone is in black and other neutrals, I cannot help by commit to my baser instincts and not only wear a pretty floral frock but also carry a matching water bottle.
- Finally, my two pairs of Stubbs & Wootton slippers arrived. It was my first time ordering a style in flannel and more broadly, not in velvet. They fit the same as my velvet pairs; I ordered each in an eleven.