Real talk: We are not going to get everything we want from the Target collaboration redux. You and I, let’s make peace with that now. It is fine. Repeat my Lilly APS mantra with me: It is only clothes and how lucky I am that a limited edition supply running out – and it will run out – is my biggest problem.
That being said, shall we strategize and see if we can maximize the fruits of the Target twentieth anniversary?
before the sale…
- Locate the brands you want to shop and your local brick and mortar locations. Fun fact: not all locations will have all brands. Type your zip code in on this page and get information about where your prioritized brands will pop up.
- Memorize the Sunday hours for your brick and mortar Target.
- Prior to the Target collaboration live date, take the time to register on the website. Should you already have log in information for the site, now is the time to check your registration and sign in on all of your electronic devices: laptop, family computer, smart phone, tablet. Whether you register or just confirm your log in information, make note of it. Seriously, write it down.
- Download the Target app ahead of time and take time to familiarize yourself with it and the Target mobile site layouts now. Consider the fact that the app may be deactivated (as the Lilly one is during APS) during the launch.
- Once you are signed in, make sure that both your payment method (ahem, expiration date!) and address is up to date.
- Make a shopping list of your target items and sizes. Prioritize your trophy brands and then your prize styles.
- Clear your calendar for midnight this Friday the 13th / Saturday the 14th.
the night of the Target 20th Anniversary sale…
- Set your alarm clock for midnight eastern standard time and brew yourself some coffee.
- Traditionally the sales go live midnight Pacific standard time, but it is worth being on Target patrol early.
- Shop your aforementioned priorities.
- Having an item in your virtual shopping bag does not reserve it. Check out often because items may be unceremoniously ripped from your bag.
- After check out, jump back in line on the electronic device.
- Monitor your other devices for access.
the morning after…
- Keep track of what you were not able to purchase online. Those are your updated priorities.
- Be at your local Target prior to opening. Circa 2015 for Lilly Pulitzer, I was in my local Target parking lot by 6 am, though it was not until I saw another shopper pull into the parking lot when I jumped out of my car and actually started a line.
- While you are in the virtual line, be patient. Refreshing the page will not get you into the sale sooner.
- This is not a life or death situation. It is not worth stressing over limited edition items, and if this is the biggest problem in your life, consider yourself charmed.