I ran twice this week. While the first of the week was a guided run, I found myself without a pre-downloaded run sans Wi-Fi access so I went for an unguided solo run. The only trace of coaching was the notification of hitting a mile and my pace. I haven’t ran sans coaching in awhile but I enjoyed the solace. There is something to be said about taking a quiet, unguided run.
In reverse chronological order, these are the runs from the NRC in which I indulged since last week:
- unguided run // 20 minutes
- Next Run // 22 minutes
- Fifteen Minute Run // 15 minutes
- Running for More: Purpose // 20 minutes
- Celebration Run // 25 minute run
- Tough Day Easy Run // 20 minute run
- First Run // 20 minute run
- Running for More: Connections // 25 minute run
I wrapped up the tricep challenge today. It was especially tough to make up a set if I missed a day, which compounded with the actual set of the day, more so than missing a day of planks or pushups. My arms look incrementally different, so that is encouraging! Maybe I’ll take the challenge again later on in the year.
For the month of August, the grad school chat and I are returning to planks. Who is with us?
Let’s meet back here next week, same time same place, for a check in?