I planned to go running this week. Alas, I did not. I experienced DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) due to one hundred deadlifts and one hundred weighted calf raises and consequently spent Friday hobbling around. As I write this, I am moving a foam roller beneath my legs for some active recovery.
In reverse chronological order, these are the runs from the NRC in which I have
- Fuel the Run with Shalane // 33 minutes
- 3K Walk Backs // 3k meters
- Fifteen Minute Headstarts // 15 minutes
- A New Run // 25 minutes
- Today’s 30 Minute Walk // 30 minutes
- First Long Run // 35 minutes
- unguided run // 20 minutes
- Next Run // 22 minutes
- Fifteen Minute Run // 15 minutes
- Running for More: Purpose // 20 minutes
- Celebration Run // 25 minute run
- Tough Day Easy Run // 20 minute run
- First Run // 20 minute run
- Running for More: Connections // 25 minute run
Happy October! As I was swapping out my warm weather wardrobe for my cool weather wardrobe, I tried on and styled outfits for the upcoming season. I noticed that the pieces I could not quite zip or button were due to my midsection. While I know spot reduction is not a thing, I wanted to mix more core exercises into my daily workout routine.
We, my husband and I, are two days into our core challenge. Crunches, Russian twists, leg raises, sit-ups, bicycle crunches, planks… Check them all off!
Let’s meet back here next week, same time same place, for a check in?