Last year after I started running during the summer, my body really started feeling its age. Rather than pop a pain reliever, I took a more holistic approach. After doing some very non-academic research, I started drinking a lemon tumeric tea concoction.
Note: I am not a medical professional and this should not be taken as medical advice.
While I am not drinking it for the taste, it does not taste completely awful. Almost like a bitter lemonade with a kick. The best part is that my achey thirty-something muscles inevitably feel better the following day.
- two (2) cups of filtered water
- two (2) lemons
- two (2) tablespoons of fresh ginger
- two (2) tablespoons of tumeric
- two (2) teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- Pour two (2) cups of filtered water into a medium pot.
- Squeeze lemons into water and drop rinds in the water.
- Drop two (2) tablespoons of tumeric, two (2) tablespoons of fresh grated ginger, and two (2) teaspoons of cayenne pepper into the pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer for about five minutes.
- Allow to cool for about eight minutes.
- Place a colander into a slightly larger bowl.
- Pour contents of pot into colander / bowl.
- Allow to further cool then enjoy.
Note: Tumeric will stain anything and everything it touches. Handle with care.